With 50% of Canadians living paycheque to paycheque, your ability to make sure that every employee is paid accurately and on time helps keep many Canadians afloat financially.
To celebrate we thought it would be fun to breakdown the anatomy of a Payroll Superhero.
Head, Brain, Ears, and Smile
- A ‘never say never’ attitude who always finds a way.
- Analytical, can produce a payroll GL or headcount report in a single bound.
- A good listener who never stops learning. Always lends an ear and provides excellent service to all employees.
- Greets everyone with a smile. Even when they’re up their neck in deadlines, the Payroll Superhero never complains.
Eyes & 3-D Glasses
- Equipped with an eye for detail, can spot an error on a pay register from kilometres away.
- Always keeps an eye out for ways to ensure the organization stays compliant.
- A Payroll Superhero always enjoys an 80’s throwback.
Heart of a Canadian Payroll Superhero
- Sincere, honest, trustworthy, and caring.
Hands & Utility Belt
- Collaborative, works with Finance, HR, and IT to take care of employees.
- Equipped with a utility belt of tech savvy tools, they make sure people are paid correctly and on time.
- Quick on their feet, they can juggle multiple tasks and priorities at once.
- Always one step ahead, they’ve got year-end and other critical tasks completed long before the deadline.
[Infographic] The Anatomy of a Canadian Payroll Superhero
We hope you enjoy this infographic, feel free to print a copy (get the female version here) and put it up at the office to remind yourself just how awesome you are!
You are a superhero because you make a difference to your employees.
This is Your Week
Celebrate, be proud of your profession and all that you contribute to your organization and people.
Thank you Payroll Superhero for keeping Canada paid.
Keep on Learning
Want to become a People Management superhero? Subscribe today.
About the Author
Marlo Hertling has worked with leading HCM organizations and has been helping Canadian companies implement HCM solutions for more than 15 years. She is the Vice President of People & Culture at Avanti Software Inc and serves as Avanti's HCM subject matter expert.More Resources by Marlo Hertling